Monday, January 9, 2012

New Series: One-Dollar Dailies

I haven't done this in the past, but I'm going to try my hand at daily outfit posts!

At first, I thought, "Hey, my outfits aren't exactly groundbreaking. My goal isn't to expound on how fashion-forward I am, but to spread the good word on thrifty shopping. No one needs to see that many outfits from me." But now I wonder if that's the wrong way to look at it. Anyone can dress on the cheap, and anyone can get lucky and find a few gems secondhand - but I want to prove that chic, cheap wearable wares can be had consistently. You don't have to have a super-eclectic, retro, or hipster style to take advantage of secondhand goods - regular folk can save money, too.

Enter: One-Dollar Dailies. Essentially, these will be your average daily outfit posts, except that the focus will be to highlight the functionality of $1 purchases over time. I will also list off the retail items in my outfits but, at least in the dailies, I won't link to every item I ever buy online - it makes me feel just a wee bit dirty to give retailers free advertising, and that was never the original focus of my blog. If you ever do want to know where I got a non-$1 item, though, please feel free to ask!

Without further delay, here's the first One-Dollar Daily! I wore this to the office for an internal meeting. Nothing too big, so I'm not in strict Corporate Wear, but a little more conservative than normal.



One-Dollar Wonders
Navy Tights - 99-Cents Only Store
Christian Dior Belt - swap meet
Calvin Klein Dress - free at swap party

Other
H&M Cable Knit Sweater - gift
Carlos Santana Pump
Bolero Style Necklace - gift
Red Abro Handbag - about $40 ($15 + two bottles of dye)

4 comments:

  1. We admire you for that! You can make fabulous thrift outfits! That dress is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Fashionista! That means a lot coming from you!

      Delete
  2. So glad you're going to do daily shots. I try to check in every day to see what you've posted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, thank you so much - it is nice to know someone is watching! :D

      Delete