Thursday, May 19, 2011

work outfits: works of art (continued)

Here I am wrapping up my submissions for the YLF Picture Perfect Challenge, which encouraged everyone to base a work-week's worth of outfits on famous paintings.

Wednesday's inspiration was another Picasso: Nude, Green Leaves and Bust. I had a tough time with this one, worried that the bold lines and bright colors called for a type of color blocking that would make me feel uncomfortable. I initially thought of wearing my cobalt blue dress layered over a bright, white top, but that felt too loud. Instead, I settled on a classic base of black and white, and let my accessories carry the color in the outfit. This olive green sweater and air force blue handbag felt much more in keeping with my personality.

Item Original Price My Price Vendor Type Location
Halogen Button Front $58 $1 swap meet Huntington Beach
Bloomingdale's Wool Skirt $100 $1 swap meet San Fernando
Benetton Wool Wrap Sweater $90 $2 swap meet Huntington Beach
L'Incontro Bowler Bag $485 $10 Goodwill Santa Monica
Dolce Vita Jayce Boots $103 $10 (funded) Amazon internet

Thursday's inspiration was Dora Maar with Cat. I am rather proud of this interpretation, as I even had a black cat near my shoulder, just like Dora! I felt drawn to the red/purple combo in the painting, and ran with that theme for the rest of the outfit.



Item Original Price My Price Vendor Type Location
DKNY Cashmere Shell Sweater
$160
$1 swap meet San Fernando
Ann Taylor Pencil Skirt $108 $1 swap meet Huntington Beach
Ann Taylor Red Fabric Belt ? $0 (came w/ dress) thrift store Ontario
Cettu Handbag $250 $10 swap meet Huntington Beach
Vintage Brown Sweater ? $1 swap meet San Fernando
Cat Pin ? $1 swap meet San Fernando

Friday's work was Van Gogh's Irises. I almost gave up on this one, as I had used up all my purple clothing, and the wrap sweater I wanted to wear was in the laundry pile. I still love how this one turned out - I think the yellow-green skirt recalls the wavy lines of the iris leaves. I topped off the ensemble with some Prada Infusion d'Iris, which I received as a birthday gift last year - one of my favorite scents now!

Item Original Price My Price Vendor Type Location
Ann Taylor Sleveless Shirt $58 $1 swap meet Huntington Beach
Apriori Skirt $213 $1 swap meet Huntington Beach
Express Cashmere Sweater $60 $1 swap meet San Fernando
Cognac Leather Boots ~$80 $4 Goodwill Outlet Santa Ana
L'Incontro Bowler Bag $485 $10 Goodwill Santa Monica
Hawaiian Heritage Love Pendant $250 $0 gift gift

...and that's a work week! Huge thanks to YLF forum member -- and fellow blogger! -- Bella for organizing a fun and challenging week!

1 comment:

  1. Leather colorant kits can be used to restore worn patches, large areas of co lour loss or even to change the co lour of your leather.
    For more information kindly visit:- Leather Colorant Kit

    ReplyDelete