Tuesday, February 21, 2012

One-Dollar Dailies: 2/21/12

The debut of my Frye Julia lace-up boots! I'd been searching for light boots to wear in in-between Spring weather for years. All the different shades of tan and taupe and cognac didn't add up. Or they were too baggy in the ankles. Or they were huge in the calves.

These boots were a long shot after so many disappointments, but I managed to find them for about half off the original price, and they are even more perfect than what I'd originally had in mind. The gray color is easy to bookend, goes with most of the my existing wardrobe, and is a great soft color to pair with brights. The laces provide a sleek, fitted ankle and calf. And I kid you not, these boots are so comfy they feel like sneakers on my narrow feet. Jackpot!

The pic below is what I wore today, though I removed the tights at the last moment because I thought they looked too heavy. The pic below that is my initial trial pic with the boots when I was deciding whether or not to keep.




One-Dollar Wonders
Abstract Apriori Pencil Skirt

Honorable Mention
AT Sweater - $11 on clearance
Beaded necklace - $0 as a gift
Makowsky Bag via Ebay
Frye boots 1/2 off via Dillard's

No comments:

Post a Comment